How to Apply for Chinese Non-Business Visa (F Visa) 2020 Updated
2023 China Express Visa VIP Services Tel:888-866-9909
Chinese Non-Business (F) visa is required for those who are traveling to China for research, academic or cultural exchange on behalf of an institution or employer in the US.
1: Original Passport Plus a Photocopy of the Name Page
- Please include the original passport. The visa will be printed on your passport.
- It is recommended that passports have at least 12 months left before expiration.
- The passport should have at least 2 blank visa pages. Please keep in mind, this does not include the last 3 pages, as
- those are reserved by the US Department of State.
- Non-US passport holders must provide a photocopy of their proof of legal stay in the US. Green card, full copy off I-20
- or long term US visa such as: L, H, F, TN. B1/B2 visa will not be eligible. Please do not send original unless
- the Chinese Consulate specifically request it.
Certain Non-US passport holders cannot apply for a visa through third parties and must apply in person at the Chinese Consulate/Embassy. The following includes, but not limited to:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Congo, France, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mauritania, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan
2: Your Visa Application Form
- Complete this application on your computer, print it out, and sign it. Do not fill out this application by hand, it will not
- be accepted.
- All fields must be completed. If a section does not apply to you, type in “None” or “N/A.”
Please check our Guide to Filling Application Form for tips.
3: One Recent Passport Photo
- The photo needs to contain your full face on a white background.
- The photo cannot be older than 6 months.