Document Notarization for Use in China Before Consulate Authentication

China Express Visa VIP Services Tel:888-866-9909

Online service purchase: click the link.

How to notarize a document for use in China?

A notary public must first notarize the document for non-government documents such as affidavit or power of attorney.  For academic records such as university/college diplomas, we recommend to request for a notarized copy (also known as certified copy) from your school to avoid damage to your original. If you are having a government document authenticated, you will need to obtain a certified copy from the State. Notary is not needed. Government documents include vital records such as birth certificates and marriage certificates or business documents such as good standing certificates.

Documents not issued by government offices should be notarized by a local authorized Notary Public first. The document should be signed in the presence of the Notary Public. An acknowledgement must be added by the Notary Public such as:

“Signed and sworn (or affirm) to before me this___ day of _______, 20__.” and completed with notary seal and signature.

*Certain states require a County Clerk to certify the notary’s signature. Please check with your state’s requirements before proceeding to next steps.

Sample (click to enlarge):

After a document has been notarized, you can proceed to next step: State Authentication.

Last Update Date:6-25-2020

Select Your State of Residence:

Chinese Visa Express Service

(+ $175 Consular Fees)
Fastest Chinese Visa Processing VIP Services
Call Us for Best China Visa Services Tel: (347)620-0155
* one business day processing is not available for work visa and non-US passports.
** Personal appearance at Chinese Embassy may be required for fingerprinting. Please call for details.